Tuesday, March 13, 2012

renovations

After three weeks of chaos, my renovations are almost complete.

Actually that is a vast overstatement - actually I am almost at the stage where the builder leaves, and I get in the plasterer (ick), the plumber and electrician, and start clearing up the mess in the yard.

I am really looking forward to getting my house back, that is true, but the upheaval has not been quite as awful as I thought it might have been.I have been completely impressed with all the tradesmen that have been in the house in the last few weeks.  They have (almost) always turned up on time. They get on with what has to be done.  They have cleaned up their mess at the end of each day.   Apart from the fact that I have had no kitchen, and then latterly, no toilet or bathroom, in the house, I would hardly have know they were here...


No comments: