There's no doubt about it, I'm a tidy freak. I like being organised. I LOVE decluttering. There's always just one more thing that could be chucked/recycled/donated.
I'm also pretty organised, and have an electronic diary which reminds me each day (as well as 3 days, and 24 hours before the event) what I need to remember or achieve. I do lists. I tick them off. I have New Years resolutions and usually keep them. I take a list to the supermarket. I mend stuff.
I like tidy cupboards. I have a capsule wardrobe. All my bills are on automatic payment.
Which makes me sound like a total control freak right? (Moi!?!)....
But I have a guilty secret - well at least, it was a secret until now....And this is it: I work best under pressure. Which means...
- I tend to operate in bursts of super high energy, but those are easily squashed by long periods of faffing about.
- I put things off and then do them all in a mad rush - like starting the ironing at 10 pm. Or washing up the dishes right when I should be leaving for work.
- I don't spend a leisurely hour getting ready to go out to dinner - it's a ten minute mad rush right before I should have left already
- I have this awesome reminder that tells me when my bank account is getting low - but rather than monitor it, I wait until I get the insistent beeps and then transfer money right on closing time.
- I leave getting a haircut until I really should have had it done a week before. Ditto colour. Ditto Warrants on the Car.
I guess you could say I work on Just In Time.
It works for me. Most of the time. And I doubt I can change the habit of a lifetime, no matter how much I wish I was cool calm and collected.
I liken myself to the duck gliding serenely on the water for all to see, but actually paddling like mad underneath...
What's your work style?