Friday, August 21, 2009

simplify, simplify

It's the new great fashion in life coaching.... clear out the house and make room for good things to come into your life. I have my own theory (of course I have!) which has, I am shocked to discover, been stolen by less wise mortals like Oprah, and Dr Phil, and the Good Morning show. Clear out the physical rubbish, and the spiritual rubbish will follow. There's nothing more liberating (for me anyway), that having a good sort out, giving away stuff, and creating space. And that applies to the physical, the mental, the spiritual. Around 6 weeks ago I went on a real binge, figure I gave away maybe 4 trailer loads of 'stuff'. Emptied folders on the computer, sorted the towel cupboard, went through my makeup bag...you name it. Ended, painfully, a wonderful, timeconsuming, but ultimately doomed friendship. All the while, I think, subconsciously preparing myself for something big and truly amazing to come into my life. And it has. Hallelulujah!!!!

No comments: